The Michigan CoOp is a network of school districts that are early adopters of student-centered learning. Through collaborative sharing of ideas and resources, these districts are redesigning public school. Districts leverage each other’s strengths to create a culture of learning that empower educators to personalize learning for every student. Professional development and networking opportunities within the Michigan CoOp inspire educators to take action in implementing successful, efficient, and effective learning models.
- student learning is the constant. Where they learn, when they learn, how they learn or how long it takes them to learn are all variables.
- students are unique and are entitled to their own personalized learning plan.
- students need/want a menu of synchronous and asynchronous options that span brick-and-mortar, online, and community involvement.
- true cooperation (vs. competition) benefits districts, students, and teachers.
Programming we support:
- blended learning
- community resource courses
- competency-based education
- distance learning
- early/middle college programs
- individual personalized learning plans
- multiple assessment tools
- partnerships in education
- personalized professional learning
- project-based learning
- student-directed learning
- student growth models
- virtual/online education
- year-round school
The Michigan Coop is facilitated by EdTech Specialists, LLC and LSS Connections and Consulting, LLC.