August 6 & 7, 2018
The MiCoOp Summer Conference will include multiple daily breakout sessions covering a variety of topics for superintendents, principals, directors, teachers, mentors, board members, and legislators. Discussions focus on issues of interest by the participants and may include partnerships, project-based learning, evaluation of personnel and programs, competency, blended learning, online curriculum, and more.
This two-day conference is designed to provide you with engaging and inspiring conversations while giving you the time to have fun and relax. You are encouraged to attend a dinner on the evening of the first day where conversations are continued and friendships are formed. We hope to see you there!
Lodging at Treetops
Tentative Schedule - August 6
- Top 10 in 10 on CBE - Sheila Alles
- Student Driven Classrooms - Joanna Van Raden
- Igniting Inquiry - Amy Williams
- Path to Personalization - John VanWagoner
- Radical Book Club - Cindy Fadel and Betsy Springer
- Alternative Assessments - Jan Bermingham
- Career Academies - Eve Kaltz
- Makerspaces, Fab Labs, etc. - Betsy Springer
- Systemic Change for Sustainable Personalization - Lisa Sitkins
Tentative Schedule - August 7
- Superintendents' Session (including discussion on PQP document) - Marsha Bahra
- Community Partnerships - Chris Davis
- 10:45-12:00 Breakout session 5
- Superintendents' Session - Marsha Bahra
- Legislation for Partnership - Mike Murray
- Educator Evaluations - Rebekah Emmerling and Michelle Imbrunone (MDE)
Golf at Treetops!